Latest Posts

The Raconteur Roundtable Had Me Back -- FOR ANIME!!!

By 4:00 AM


After my first appearance on their awesome podcast, the fine fellas at the Raconteur Roundtable asked if I'd come back to discuss a deep and moving topic: live-action anime adaptations.

Well, duh.

It had been mentioned on my first appearance that they'd never had a guest who knew a lot about anime, and so I was happy to make myself available for later talks if they so desired. What they came in with was... interesting. And, fortunately, something I've had recent experience with.

I don't tend to like talking negatively about things for extended periods of time, but sometimes...


A great time was had by all, as I knew it would be. We touched on obvious topics like Ghost in the Shell and The Last Airbender (which isn't anime in a traditional sense but fight me), less obvious ones like Takashi Miike's anime remakes and the fact that the Wachowskis' Speed Racer was actually really good (again, fight me), and finished it off with a big dose of Erased and Death Note.

Honestly I love talking to the hosts of the Raconteur Roundtable the same way I love talking to my close circles of friends: we've all read and seen the same things, so our in-jokes and comparisons land at pleasantly surprising times.

Please go have a listen if you're so inclined, and be sure to check out their other episodes while you're at it!

>> Raconteur Roundtable Episode #29


You Might Also Like

0 comments